12 Ways to Spend the Powerball Jackpot in Tuscaloosa
The current Powerball jackpot is $1.5 billion (yes, BILLION); if you strike it rich, there are plenty of ways to spread the wealth in Tuscaloosa. If I won the lotto, I'd take the cash payout which is estimated at $930 million. That's still an INSANE amount of money. How would I spend it all? Here are the 12 ways I'd make it rain in T-Town.
1. Buy a LUSH Cosmetics and bring a full-size Sephora to town
LUSH is coming to Birmingham, but that's not enough for me. I want a LUSH and a full-size Sephora in my hometown. I just won the lotto, I should be able to spend as much as I want on luxury items, y'all.
2. Donate to the University of Alabama so that I could have something named after me
Preferably something football related, but I'm down to have any number of facilities named in my honor. Ferguson Center? More like MEG SUMMERS CENTER.
3. Buy a 2016 GLE350 from Leigh Automotive
BEEP-BEEP, MAKE WAY FOR ME IN MY BRAND NEW MERCEDES.
4. Purchase a new home in the Townes of North River
It's such a cute neighborhood. I would love for my daughter to grow up in a place like the Townes.
5. Donate to Tuscaloosa's One Place
I'm a huge fan of T.O.P. and the work this family resource center does for our city. They provide after-school programs, counseling, teen intervention programs, and career and personal development resources. The people who work there are awesome, and they're doing so much good for Tuscaloosa. Dropping a FAT check to Tuscaloosa's One Place would be one of the first things I'd do after winning the lotto.
6. Go on a serious shopping spree
What's up. Soca Clothing? What's good, Ellie Crimson? I'd go full-on Pretty Woman/Julia-Roberts-With-Richard-Gere's-Credit-Card-Shopping-Spree once I won the lotto. AzWell, Jennarations, Expeditions--I'd buy ALL THE CLOTHES.
7. Pay Tammy Smith to make cheesecakes for me until I die
Have you had "That Cheesecake" yet? Tammy Smith DOES NOT PLAY. This is literally the best cheesecake I have ever had, and I need it in my life at all times. I would pay her to make me one cheesecake a week until I shuffle off this mortal plane AND like ten cheesecakes to bury me with.
8. Get the guys at Band of Brothers to install a pipeline that pumps Station One Saison straight into my house
Grab a glass, people. Drinks are on me!
9. Get a makeover at Beauty Bar in Northport
Shout out to my girl Tori Crocker who's like a magical cosmetics wizard. I'd get my hair cut, colored, and styled, and then I'd have Tori give me a makeover--and I'd buy enough Beauty Bar Cosmetics products to last me for the rest of my life.
10. Get my own Chick-fil-A franchise
The good people of Cottondale/East Tuscaloosa need a CFA, and I am just the person to make that happen. Plus, I feel like if I owned a Chick-fil-A I'd get a lot of free nuggets, and I am so down with that.
11. Massages and mani-pedis for life at Gilda's Salon and Day Spa
TREAT YO SELF!
12. Buy a luxury apartment downtown
Maybe I want a house AND a penthouse. I can have both because I am a multi-millionaire now.