Alabama Basketball Podcast, Ep. 20: Bama Wins at Florida, Discussing Fan Support at Coleman
The college basketball season has moved into February and the next few weeks will go a long way towards determining which teams will be getting invites to the Big Dance in March.
For Alabama, the month started much liked the rest of the season has played out. The Tide dropped a game at home to Missouri where it didn't play particularly well and then bounced back to throttle No. 23 Florida in Gainesville. This talented, but young, team has shown all season that it can play with anyone in the country but it can lose to just about any team in the SEC on a given night.
But the split last week proved to be a good outcome relative to Alabama's chances of making the NCAA Tournament. The Tide added a key road victory that will end up being a quadrant 1 win for the selection committee.
We discussed all of these topics on Episode 20 of the Alabama Basketball Podcast. Here's the show's rundown:
- Recapping Alabama's road win at Florida
- Big performances from Donta Hall, Collin Sexton, and Braxton Key
- Will Avery Johnson settle on a rotation or should we expect the shuffling to continue?
- Is there any concern over John Petty's recent scoring struggles, which included his first scoreless game on Saturday?
- Fan support in Coleman Coliseum. Should the fans share some of the blame for struggles or should the team be responsible for motivating the fans?
- Looking at the SEC standings and trying to make sense of how it will all shake out.
- What is Alabama's target record to make the top 4 and get a bye in the SEC Tournament?
- NCAA Tournament projections. What does this latest win do for the Tide's chances?
- Previewing this week's schedule for Alabama.
- What to expect in the second meeting against Mississippi State.
- Why the Tennessee game is so important in the SEC race.
You can listen to the full podcast below or subscribe and follow along on iTunes.