Eight Former Alabama Players Sign Free Agent NFL Contracts
A total of 15 players from Alabama's 15th national championship team have been drafted or signed by an NFL team in the past five days.
The first wave of players went off the board during the first two days of the NFL Draft, which began on Thursday. Seven total Crimson Tide stars were taken in the first three rounds: Ryan Kelly, Jarran Reed, Reggie Ragland, A'Shawn Robinson, Cyrus Jones, Derrick Henry, and Kenyan Drake.
Since the draft ended, eight additional Alabama players have signed undrafted free agent contracts. Here's the list of where they signed:
- QB Jake Coker (Arizona Cardinals)
- LB Dillon Lee (New Orleans Saints)
- DE D.J. Pettway (New Orleans Saints)
- OL Dominick Jackson (Washington Redskins)
- DB Geno Matias-Smith (Washington Redskins)
- WR Richard Mullaney (Houston Texans)
- FB Michael Nysewander (Kansas City Chiefs)
- DL Darren Lake (San Francisco 49ers)
NFL teams will begin OTA workouts this month with mandatory minicamps getting started in June.