Heads Up! Traffic In Tuscaloosa Might Be A Mess This A-Day Weekend
This weekend is A-Day weekend so traffic will already be heavier than normal, but did you know that the city Of Tuscaloosa is also hosting a triathlon this weekend, too?
Indeed! The USA Triathlon’s Collegiate Club and High School National Championships will be held this Friday and Saturday, with top collegiate triathletes traveling from all across the United States to Tuscaloosa to compete in this race. So, this means not ONLY do we have the extra folks who will be in this weekend for the A-Day game, but we'll have even MORE people in town for the triathlon.
So what can we expect? Most likely, some traffic delays. Also, to accommodate the Triathlon, there will be some road closures this weekend that you need to be aware of. They are:
FRIDAY - 4/21: (From 6:00a To 2:00p)
- Jack Warner Parkway from 28th Avenue to McFarland Boulevard,
- On and off ramps at McFarland Boulevard and Jack Warner Parkway,
- 28th Avenue from Jack Warner Parkway to University Boulevard, and
- Tuscaloosa Riverwalk from Tuscaloosa Amphitheater to the River Market.
SATURDAY - 4/22: (From 5:00a To 6:00p)
- Jack Warner Parkway from 28th Avenue to Crescent Ridge Road
- On and off ramps at McFarland Boulevard and Jack Warner Parkway
- Paul Bryant Bridge from Jack Warner Parkway to Rice Mine Road Northeast
- Tuscaloosa Riverwalk from Tuscaloosa Amphitheater to the Boathouse at Manderson Landing
These maps are also a huge help to show you exactly which portions of Jack Warner are closed.
So, get ready to give yourself some extra time, and be prepared to exercise some extra PATIENCE this weekend, while you're on the Tuscaloosa Roadways.......ROLL TIDE!
For more on this story read HERE