Memorial Day Activities to Enjoy in and Around Tuscaloosa
Another 3-day weekend is on the way! We all love those, right? Well, while paying tribute to those who've paid the ultimate price for our liberty, here are a number of events you can enjoy in and around Tuscaloosa over the Memorial Day weekend.
- Pre-Memorial Day Blues Festival: Jay's Farm Place in Sawyerville, AL featuring Roy C, Calvin Richardson, Jeff Floyd, Ms. Jody, V.I.C, Eric Perkins, and Meck. Sunday, May 29. Tickets $25 in advance, $30 day of the show. Gates open at 2:00 p.m. Show starts at 6:00 p.m. All parking $5. All tents $5. Lawn chairs, tents, and RVs welcome. Tickets available at Irene's Beauty Palace, Smith Barber & Styles, Zet's Styles & Smilez, and Sawyerville Convenience Store.
- 5th annual Ttown Blues and Groove Festival: H-H Farm in Fosters, AL featuring Sir Charles Jones, Bobby Rush, Terry Wright, Denise LaSalle, L.J. Echols, Detra. Sunday, May 29. Gates open at 2:00 p.m. Show starts at 6:00 p.m. Lawn chairs, tents, and RVs welcome.
- 65 South presents: Muscadine Bloodline with Aaron Parker: Zydeco in Birmingham, AL. Friday, May 27.
- Alternative/Indie Band and the Pressure Kids: Green Bar. Friday, May 27.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive: UPS Friday, May 27.
- Dancers 4 Life Studio presents Color My World with Dance: Bama Theater. Saturday, May 28.
- Birdfest 2016: Moundville Archaeological Park. Saturday, May 28.
- The Wyatt and Becky Collins Collection at the Kentuck Art Center through June 30. The Kentuck Art Center will display the collection of Wyatt and Becky Collins, two of the most prolific self-taught art collectors in the country. Mr. Collins is a member of the Folk Art Society of America and has been collecting for many, many years.
- Moundville Archaeological Park Knap-In through April 29, 2017. Flintknappers, craftspeople, artists and ancient technologists gather at Moundville Archaeological Park to demonstrate and sell their works. Displays and presentations on ancient tools and weapons, basketry, beadwork, fire making, pottery and textile making are featured. Children's activities are available without additional charge.