Nick Saban Talks Fresno State Performance, Challenge of Playing Colorado State
Subscribe to Tide 102.9 on
Colorado State game week arrived in Tuscaloosa on Monday and head coach Nick Saban met with the media for his usual Monday press conference.
Saban addressed a number of topics during the 13-minute appearance, including his evaluation of the team’s effort against Fresno State.
“From a game standpoint, I though we improved some as a team in this last game,” Saban said. “Our execution was a little bit better. Attention to detail was a little bit better.”
Execution will again be the focus for Alabama heading into a week three matchup with the Rams.
“Colorado State is a really good football team. I think Mike Bobo has done a really good job there. These guys play hard. They’re physical. They’re very aggressive in their style. They can run the ball. They can throw the ball. They’ve got a good quarterback. They’ve got a lot of balance in what they do.”
Here are the other topics that Saban touched on during the press conference:
- Updated the status of Lester Cotton and Dylan Moses after suffering minor injuries on Saturday.
- Talked about the battle at right tackle between Matt Womack and Jedrick Wills.
- The performance of the offensive line against Fresno State and the focus on finishing blocks.
- Evaluated Jamey Mosley’s first start and Chris Allen’s first snaps.
- Getting the running backs involved in the passing game.
- Development of Jalen Hurts as a passer.
- The chemistry of this year’s team.
- Updated the status of Rashaan Evans, Anfernee Jennings, and Josh Jacobs.
You can watch the entire press conference in the video above.