VIDEO: Nick Saban Evaluates Ole Miss Game, Looks Ahead to Texas A&M
Alabama turned its focus to Texas A&M after another dominating win over a conference opponent, and Nick Saban met with the media on Monday to discuss the upcoming game.
"Texas A&M is the strongest team we've played to this point. Look at them from a holistic standpoint. They're a very explosive offensive team. They run the ball very effectively. They've got really good running backs. Christian Kirk is maybe the most explosive player - returner, receiver, runner - of anybody in our league. Defensively, they're tough to run against. They create a lot of negative plays. They've got good pass rushers."
The Aggies enter the game with just one loss on the season, but Alabama is still a 25-point favorite on the road.
Here are some of the things Saban touched on during the press conference:
- Said Da'Shawn Hand has MCL sprain and will be very doubtful for the Texas A&M game.
- Also said Trevon Diggs (foot) is day-to-day but questionable for Saturday.
- It's up to everyone to help the team stay motivated each game and not get complacent.
- Spreading the ball around in the passing game and utilizing all of the playmakers that Alabama has on offense.
- What's led to the success in the redzone so far this season.
- Using JK Scott as a placekicker and what range do they feel he's best for the team.
- His thoughts on Ronnie Clark scoring his first touchdown and seeing the team get excited for him.
- The cut block on Da'Shawn Hand.
- Jalen Hurts' development as a quarterback through the first month of the season.
- Keeping the players focused throughout the game regardless of the score.
- This team's ability to get off to a quick start in games.
Watch the entire press conference in the video above.