VIDEO: Nick Saban Talks Texas A&M Performance, Arkansas Game, and More
Subscribe to Tide 102.9 on
After a day off, Alabama head coach Nick Saban was back in front of the media on Monday to begin Arkansas game week.
Saban, as he always does, shared a few thoughts on the previous game against Texas A&M to start the appearance.
“Even though Texas A&M really played a good game, played hard, showed a lot of heart in the game,” Saban said. “You know, we played a pretty ordinary game for us. I don’t think we really executed the way we’d like to with the consistency that we’d like to in the game. I think that it’s something that, as coaches, we take responsibility for, but also want to take responsibility for getting everybody to respond the right way so that we have a chance to improve.
Now the Tide turns its attention to the Arkansas Razorbacks, a team that is 2-3 through the first five games.
“I think you can sit here and talk about what they have not done as a team or you can say they should have beat Texas A&M and they’re very capable of scoring a lot of points and being a very good team.”
Here are the topics Saban addressed on Monday:
- Provided an injury update but specifically mentioned Trevon Diggs and Tony Brown.
- Alabama defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs impact and what he’s done well to this point.
- How to use a close game like Texas A&M as motivation for the rest of the season.
- Josh Frazier’s development as a player.
- Wide receiver Robert Foster bouncing back from a tough game.
- Damien Harris’ ability as a runner and his breakaway ability along with the running back rotation.
- LaBryan Ray’s opportunity to play on this team and his role moving forward.
- The young wide receivers and how they’ve looked so far.
Listen to everything Saban said during the press conference by watching the video at the top of the page.