VIDEO: Nick Saban Gives Final Update on Team Ahead of Arkansas Game
Subscribe to Tide 102.9 on
Alabama continued its preparations for the Arkansas Razorbacks on Wednesday, and head coach Nick Saban met with the media to give one final update on his team before the game.
Saban held his Wednesday press conference to discuss Saturday, which will be a special day in Bryant-Denny Stadium. Not only is it homecoming in Tuscaloosa, but the program will also be honoring the 1992 national championship team during the game.
“We’re going to have to do a good job of executing to be able to accomplish what we’d like to accomplish on homecoming, which is a big tradition for us at the University of Alabama,” Saban said. “Also looking forward to seeing Coach Stallings and his team back for the 25th anniversary of their national championship. So it’s an exciting weekend and we hope to do well.”
Here are the topics Saban discussed on Wednesday:
- An update on Brandon Kennedy’s injury that was suffered in practice on Tuesday.
- How does Alabama prepare for Arkansas’s uncertainty at quarterback with Austin Allen injured.
- What Ronnie Clark means to this team.
- The personality and skillset of Alabama’s two starting cornerbacks, Anthony Averett and Levi Wallace.
- Da’Shawn Hand’s progress returning from injury.
- The development of offensive lineman Matt Womack and how his versatility helps the team.
- Brian Daboll’s ability to utilize a number of playmakers on offense.