Alabama Basketball Podcast, Episode 16: Alabama Ends Auburn’s Winning Streak, What it Means for NCAA Tournament
Alabama picked up what could be the biggest win of the season this week when it knocked off Auburn, 76-71, and ended the Tigers 14-game winning streak.
Maybe even more impressive was that the team did it without the SEC's second-leading scorer, Collin Sexton. The school announced just minutes before tipoff that the freshman was day-to-day with an abdominal injury but wouldn't play against Auburn. The Tide rode the hot hand of John Petty to a win against the 9th-ranked RPI team.
That's the main focus of episode 16 of the Tide 102.9 Alabama Basketball Podcast with Ben George and Marquis Munson. Here's the full list of topics discussed on the show:
- Petty's big night
- Donta Hall's quick return from injury
- Herbert Jones' development on both ends of the court
- Marquis' mentions on Twitter after this game
- What does this win mean for Bama's tournament chances?
- A look at the latest Bracketology projections from ESPN and CBS
- Previewing Alabama's next opponent, Mississippi State
Check out the full episode in below and subscribe to it on iTunes.