Alabama Basketball Podcast: Talking Texas Loss, Wrapping Up Non-Conference Play, and Comparing Bama & Auburn’s Resume
Alabama played its final non-conference game of 2017 and it wasn't the ideal way to close out the schedule.
The Crimson Tide couldn't find any success offensively and fell to Texas, 66-50, in Birmingham on Friday night. In the latest episode of the Tide 102.9 Alabama Basketball Podcast, we dive into that game and assess the issues that plagued the Tide against a strong Longhorns team.
We also spent time comparing Alabama and Auburn's resumes after it became a hot topic on Twitter this weekend. Both teams are optimistic heading into conference play but what do the records mean?
Here is the full list of topics from episode 11:
- Recapping the loss to Texas
- Alabama struggling to find a rhythm on offense
- Mo Bama had a huge impact when he was on the court
- One stat that showed Alabama's ineffectiveness against the strong inside presence of Texas
- Braxton Key struggles in second game back
- Alabama's changes in rotation from game to game
- We hand out grades for Alabama's non-conference performance
- Comparing the records of Alabama and Auburn through 12 games
- Has Auburn accomplished more with an 11-1 record than Bama at 8-4?
- A look at the latest Tournament Tracker with updates on RPI, ESPN Bracketology, and KenPom.
Catch the entire podcast below on Soundcloud or on iTunes.