Alabama Freshman Class Takes the Practice Field
About eight hours after the team took the field this morning for the first time, the top rated Alabama freshman class stepped out onto the practice field for the first time Friday night.
The media viewing period didn't last long, but here are a few observations followed by a photo gallery:
- Eddie Jackson was working with DBs and getting personal instruction from Coach Saban.
- Mario Cristobal was very energetic while coaching the OL.
- Grant Hill seems to be carrying his weight very well. Looked slender for an OL.
- Brandon Hill has Grant by about 3 inches and 50 pounds it appears.
- Robert Foster tall and long and will benefit from the strength and conditioning program.
- Derrick Henry is a man. He's as physically imposing as Trent Richardson was from day one. Richardson had Henry on lower body, but Henry is a few inches taller.
- Reuben Foster was one of three linebackers working with Kirby Smart. Seems to be in good shape.
- Jonathan Allen passes the eye test as well. He's not cut up like some guys, but has a solid, lean build.
- Jai Miller appeared to be the strongest DB on the field. The years in minor league baseball give him a leg up.