Alabama Practice Report 8/22: Tide Preps For Second Fall Scrimmage
Alabama is one step closer to kicking off its 2015 season.
The Crimson Tide took the field in full pads for its second fall scrimmage at Bryant-Denny Stadium Saturday. The media are only allowed to watch the warmups ahead of the scrimmages, so all observations made come strictly from that brief viewing period. Aside from the team's own personnel, only the Red Elephant Club is permitted to watch the full scrimmage.
- Alec Morris looked to be working with the first-team offense when working under center, ahead of Jake Coker, who was with the second team.
- Junior Alphonse Taylor was again working at the first-team right guard position. Cam Robinson, Ross Pierschbacher, Ryan Kelly and Dominick Jackson rounded out the rest of the first-team offensive line.
- Sophomore cornerback Tony Brown has changed his number from No. 2 to No. 7. This is likely so that he can play on the same special teams unit as Derrick Henry, who wears No. 2, but also plays special teams.
- Robert Foster led one line of receivers with Calvin Ridley, Deionte Thompson and Derek Kief behind him. In the other line, Chris Black was the leader, followed by ArDarius Stewart, Richard Mullaney, Cam Sims, Armani Purifoye and Daylon Charlot.
- Marlon Humphrey still appears to be working alongside Cyrus Jones as the team's first-team cornerbacks.
Saban will speak to the media following the conclusion of the scrimmage. The Crimson Tide is off on Sunday and Monday before returning to practice on Tuesday.
Check out videos from the warmup period of Saturday's scrimmage: