Video: Scouting Expert on How Nick Saban Manages Tua and Jalen’s Reps
The more quarterback Tua Tagovailoa gets in the game, the more fans want to see out of the freshman QB from Hawaii.
Against Tennessee, Tagovailoa was 9 for 12 passing for 134 yards with a touchdown and a pick-6. The more Tua gets in the game, the more confidence he has inside the pocket, he also looks the field and is starting to develop the ability to get outside the pocket.
Jalen Hurts had another solid performance completing 13 passes on 21 attempts for 198 yards and a touchdown. There isn't a quarterback controversy in Tuscaloosa, but with the talent of both quarterbacks, there is definitely a conversation.
Scouting expert Chris Landry, who has worked with Saban in the NFL, joined The Game with Ryan Fowler for his weekly LandryFootball.com report to discuss how Coach Saban manages the reps between Tua and Jalen and also improvements the team can make during the bye-week.
Here's what else Chris Landry broke down on his weekly report:
- Reviews Alabama’s victory over Tennessee
- Tua being more comfortable with more in-game reps
- How Saban is managing Tua/Jalen’s reps
- Where can the Crimson Tide improve during the bye week
- Can LSU present challenges against Alabama next weekend
- Previews Ohio State/Penn State
- Notre Dame after their performance against USC
- Can Florida Gators defeat the Georgia Bulldogs to get back in the SEC East conversation?
For all of Chris Landry’s reports watch the video above and don’t miss the Landry Football Weekly Report every Wednesday at 4 p.m. CT on The Game with Ryan Fowler.