Alabama Softball Opens SEC Tournament Play Wednesday as No. 5 Seed
Alabama Softball will enter this week’s SEC Tournament in Starkville, Miss., as the No. 5 seed, opening play on Wednesday, May 11 against host team and 12th-seeded Mississippi State at 6:30 p.m. CT on the SEC Network.
Alabama finished the regular season with a 45-11 overall record and 16-8 mark in SEC play. That placed the Crimson Tide as the No. 5 seed in the 12-team tournament with an opening matchup against 12th-seeded Mississippi State (25-30, 3-21 SEC) on Wednesday, May 11 at 6:30 p.m. CT live on the SEC Network. Alabama swept the Bulldogs earlier this season in Tuscaloosa, outscoring them 23-2 over three games. The winner of that game will advance to Thursday’s second round to face fourth-seeded Auburn (46-9, 16-7 SEC).
Alabama owns a 35-22 all-time record in SEC Tournament play, winning five tournament titles in 1998, 2003, 2005, 2010 and 2012.
This week’s tournament will take place at the brand-new Nusz Park in Starkville, Miss. The entire tournament will be covered on the ESPN family of networks, with first and second rounds games on SEC Network, Friday semifinals on ESPNU and Saturday’s championship game on ESPN.
2016 SEC TOURNAMENT (STARKVILLE, MISS. – NUSZ PARK)
Wednesday, May 11
First Round – SEC Network
- Game One: Missouri (6) vs. South Carolina (11) – 11 a.m. CT
- Game Two: LSU (7) vs. Texas A&M (10) – 1:30 p.m. CT
- Game Three: Georgia (8) vs. Ole Miss (9) – 4 p.m. CT
- Game Four: Alabama (5) vs. Mississippi State (12) – 6:30 p.m. CT
Thursday, May 12
Second Round – SEC Network
- Game Five: Tennessee (3) vs. Game One Winner – 11 a.m. CT
- Game Six: Kentucky (2) vs. Game Two Winner – 1:30 p.m. CT
- Game Seven: Florida (1) vs. Game Three Winner – 4 p.m. CT
- Game Eight: Auburn (4) vs. Game Four Winner – 6:30 p.m. CT
Friday, May 13
Semifinals – ESPNU
- Game Nine: Game Five Winner vs. Game 6 Winner – 2 p.m. CT
- Game 10: Game Seven Winner vs. Game Eight Winner – 4:30 p.m. CT
Saturday, May 14
Championship – ESPN
- Game Nine Winner vs. Game 10 Winner – 4 p.m. CT