Hear What Nick Saban Said to Begin Arkansas Game Week
Alabama turns the page to October after a strong start to the season and the next opponent is SEC West foe Arkansas.
The team will head into this game after a strong performance against Louisiana, but head coach Nick Saban wasn't completely happy with his team's effort in the 56-14 win.
"One of the things that's most concerning is when other players have opportunities to play, what's their level of performance? We didn't finish the game very well. Missed a couple of field goals. Gave up 14 points with the second defense in the game."
He said it will be a learning experience for his team as it prepares for Saturday's early-morning kickoff against Arkansas. The Razorbacks have lost four straight but Saban said he's seen improvement from them each week.
"Fayetteville has always been a difficult place to play. We have a lot of respect for Arkansas. Chad Morris being a new coach there you can see every week they're getting better and better and certainly played their best game of the year last week against Texas A&M."
Here's what else Saban touched on during the press conference:
- He gave his thoughts on the team's performance and what they did well against Louisiana.
- Jonah Williams has a sprained ankle and might miss a day of practice. Everyone else is okay.
- Why he thinks this could be a little bit of a trap game for his team.
- How OL Jedrick Wills has progressed and grown this season.
- His thoughts on the new fair catch rule on kickoffs.
- Quinnen Williams recruitment and what they saw from him as a player before he got to campus.
- What he's seen from the Arkansas special teams this year.
- What he's seen from Tua Tagovailoa this season that's made him successful this year.
- An update on Terrell Lewis' rehab from the ACL injury.
You can watch the full press conference in the video at the top of the page.